LIVE SIMPLY - CARE DEEPLY - HEROIC CONFIDENCE

Monday, August 23, 2010

God's Humor and Provision, Sometimes They Go Hand in Hand...

On our last stretch of this amazing trek called "missionary preparation," we have duly experienced many amazing and God inspired moments... No, I am not in the planning stages of writing a book, blogging alone seems to be a challenge! I was a bit dismayed to see it had been May when I last shared even the tiniest bit of our life here in blog land... But my plans are to get better... Okay, onward....
This last stretch being the on my gosh, do I dare even write this "support raising stretch." I have to laugh because of what the Lord has done for us in introducing Steve & I to Henri. Henri is an amazing answer to our prayers in this regard... He opened our eyes and heart to the truth of this stretch of our ministry being just as important as when we reach the sounds, sands and people of Playa del Carmen, Mexico! Truth is we are building our "Verizon Team." As the Lord showed me the team we are leaving here are not actually being left here, they are going with us in Spirit, heart, finances and strength. We would not be going if not for them!!

Experiences and testimonies are the heart beat of my being, and this one takes the cake for the humor the Lord hold opens wide for us. If you don't already know we serve a very hysterically funny and exhilarating God!

Steve and I set out to do our very first presentation with a very dear friend, that we knew would be extremely kind to us... Sue, met us at her front door with courtesy and interest, we then we preceded sharing with her the many stories and confirmations of our pending adventure to the mission field of Mexico... At the front door, we were departing from an enjoyable time of sharing, I noticed in a box two mink stoles and preceded to give Sue my expertise advice of how to sell them on eBay! She stopped me and remarked "I do not know about eBay and really don't have time to." Then as she contemplated and looked from the stoles to myself and then Steve, she bent down and picked them up from the box with a smile upon her familiar, sweet face she exclaims to me, as she is handing them over. "Here, you take them and sell them and whatever you make put into your ministry!" Oh for goodness sake I cannot even describle the rolling laughter that welled up in each of us as we looked upon these once upon a time precious pieces of Sue's mothers history... I could only exclaim to Steve "These are our first furry seeds into our ministry!" On walking back to the car and still laughing at the humor of our God, I realized I was missing the Kodak moment, I ran back up to Sue's front door and politely asked if I could get her picture to help finish off the neccessary visual for our story of the "furry seeds."
Nothing is impossible with our God and He never fails us to give us a piece of His sense of humor. Be aware and you too will experience it first hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment